Thursday, September 14, 2017

Adv: Hiruscar Anti-Acne Range

I realised that even though this space is kept alive mostly (99%) by SS updates/reviews, y'all really still support me because my hits aren't 0 hahahaha. And because of that, I love all of you!
Which brings me to my next point... here's another SS review!
This won't be as exciting as my previous Swoosh Down the Woosh post, but I guess it is still very relatable (at least to me)!
This brand isn't a new one, because I did a post back in... 2015? on this brand.
But that was on an anti-scar product, and this time, it is an anti-acne one.
Yes, it's none other than the Hiruscar Anti-Acne line.
Before we continue, I'd like to apologise for the lack of pretty photos, like the ones my other fellow SS ambassadors take and post.
If you haven't noticed, I'm extremeeeeeeeeeely lazy. Hehehehe.

 

As its name suggests, it cures and prevents acne. It even claims to improve your acne in 2 days by reducing pimples and lighten spots without drying your skin.

This dermatological skincare is formulated specifically for acne prone skin, which alas! Is MINEEE.
To be clear, I've NEVER had clear skin in my entire life since puberty.
I've always, always, always had poor complexion and overly oily skin.
Which is also why I was really excited to try this.
Hiruscar claims that this line is lightweight and is easily absorbed into the skin. It is also gentle and does not dry out your skin and can be used under makeup.
Okay, to be honest, this I find a little confusing.
Because, how can you have a product that is made specially for acne prone skin, yet gentle?
I don't know. Maybe it's possible, but to me, I've always found that acne prone skin = oily skin = foamy cleanser = squeaky clean = good.
I read somewhere which says that if a product leaves your face squeaky clean, it means that it is drying your face out. But to me, I like squeaky clean! Because it means that my face is oil-free! No?!
I know my mentality is wrong, but with my really oily skin and very acne prone face, I don't think I can think otherwise.
So even though I was really excited to try this out, I wasn't really exactly hopeful, because a lot of products, which seemed promising to others, did not work as well for me.

AND, if you remember correctly - go back and read my previous post if you don't! - the previous Hiruscar product didn't really work that well for me.
It didn't prevent any acne from popping up, which was one of its features. Instead, I had new ones forming.
Fortunately for this, it's not the same!!
I didn't have new ones forming, and this cured some of my existing ones. Sorta.
Not very convincing, but it's better than none.
I'll come to this later!! I need to finish introducing the range first, but I keep getting distracted!!

Okok, so this range includes a cleanser, a serum and a spot gel.



Hiruscar Anti Acne Pore Purifying Cleanser

What it is: Basically, it is a gentle formula which - as mentioned earlier - cleanses the skin without drying it, and of course removes excess dirt and sebum. As an anti-acne cleanser, it also balances the skin's moisture.

Directions: As with other cleanser, you just have to massage the gel on your wet face and rinse thoroughly.

What I liked about it: 
1) Even though it is a gel, unlike others, it gets soapy when you rub your hands together. Even though it doesn't really lather and create a lot of foam, it still feels like it does cleanse your face.
I don't really know how to explain it. But for me, when I'm getting a cleanser, I like to look for one which produces a LOT of foam. That's why I avoid getting gel-based cleansers. Because they're gentler and don't really help oily and acne prone skin, at least to me.
So I was really surprised that this cleanser, gave my skin a clean feeling even though it claims to be gentle and it is a gel cleanser.

2) It also smells quite pleasant, which is ALWAYS a plus point. To hell with non-scented products BECAUSE I WANT TO SMELL AH-MAY-ZING.

3) It comes in a pump bottle, which is good because it is convenient when you're using it in the bathroom. However, it is sort of a double-edge sword in this case because of its twist feature..

What I didn't like about it:
1) Its twist feature on the pump. It is one of those twist to lock and twist to open kind of pump. It's honestly quite annoying, because the difference between both is so small, that I keep accidentally locking it when I'm trying to pump the product out. And that's also why I wouldn't trust bringing it on a trip. I'd still prefer the old screw cap, disc cap or flip cap if I had to pack a bottle of cleanser for a trip. Go google if you don't understand. Because I had to google them to find their actual names LOL.

Hiruscar Anti Acne Pore Purifying Serum

It does look a little..... weird... #ifyouknowwhatimean




What it is: A light-weight moisturiser that is has a non-greasy texture, which reduces excessive sebum and tightens pores.

Directions: Simple to use, just apply it across your face twice daily (once in the morning, once before bedtime) after cleansing.

What I liked about it: 
1) Nothing in particular...

What I didn't like about it:
1) The smell. I don't know why. I just didn't like the way it smelled.
What I don't understand, is why can't they just make its scent the same as the cleanser?!

Hiruscar Anti Acne Spot Gel



What it is: It is, well, a spot gel that reduces acne problems such as blackheads, whiteheads and pimples as it contains Salicylic Acid. It also has 'Vitamin C derivative to lighten acne spots and dark marks' and 'MPS to maintain skin's moisture'. If you're asking what MPS is, all I know is that it is the short form for - are you ready? - Mucopolysaccharide polysulphate. What is it? I also don't know. I'm only told that it maintain's your skin moisture. Wo ye bu zhi dao.

Directions: Apply a thin layer on affected areas, 2-3 times daily.

What I liked about it and what I didn't like about it:
I'm gonna just lump these 2 portions together, because I'm still on the fence for this product.
It did help with a few 'fresh' pimples, but the old ones, not so much.
I have this really, really, really, really, really stubborn pimple that refuses to go away. And it has been with me for MONTHS.
Unfortunately, it did not help to get rid of this. I don't knowwwwww. Maybe nothing will everrrrrrr!!! :''''''''''''''((((((((((

I'm also unsure about the part where they claim that it improves my pimples in just 2 days..
See and judge for yourself (proceed if you're not afraid to get nightmares from seeing my bare face hehehe).




Day 1:




Day 4:




Are you still with me? Hahahahahahaha.
If I haven't scared you away, then you're really damn brave LOL.
And because of that, I'm going to reward you with some samples!!! Hehehehe.
Click here to redeem your free sample of Hiruscar Spot Gel on Sample Store!
If you've tried it and you like it, you'll be pleased to know that you can get the Spot Gel easily at Watsons and Guardian stores.

No comments :

Post a Comment